- Drive truck to/from events safely
- Work on the truck during open hours (including nights / weekends). Responsibilities will include:
- Cooking menu items according to company systems and recipes
- Keep work areas clean and organized at all times
- Make sure truck is completely cleaned at the end of each shift according to company expectations
- Assist with event setup and tear down as needed
- Provide excellent, friendly customer service
- Assist with preparation at commissary including ingredient prep, cleaning, readying the truck for service, and other duties
- Manage the kitchen and staff to ensure consistent flow of service for events
- Ensure that all kitchen staff adhere to company systems, processes and procedures at all times
- Respectfully provide correction to staff when necessary.
- Help to provide instruction, training and guidance for interns
- Participate in scheduled volunteer opportunities to give back to the community (1 – 2 hours per week)
- Consistently and quickly respond to all communication from Company team members.
- Have flexibility for travel to/from events when necessary (travel expenses paid by company)
- Provide support for inventory and supplies
- Other tasks as needed
- 1 – 2 years cooking experience in a fast paced environment
- Drivers License in good standing required
- ServSafe Food Manager certified, or willing to get ServSafe Food Manager certification withing 4 – 8 weeks of job start
- Stable living situation within the Baltimore metro area
- Reliable transportation to/from commissary and events within the greater Baltimore area
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude at all times
- Maintain a stable, drug and alcohol free living environment with healthy relationships throughout the internship. Interns will be subject to random or periodic drug testing as directed.
- Desire to grow personally and professionally
- Ability to hear constructive criticism / correction and take direction without reacting negatively or getting defensive
- Clear communication skills and willing to be open and transparent with management about situations that arise
- Willing to work within established company systems at all times
- Ability to pass basic security clearance for government events (need proper ID)
Compensation: $15 to $20 / hr based on experience and fit with the team.