Enjoying where you work is so important. Here at The Market (Bluewater Kitchen) we take great pride in what we do and have fun while doing it! Hearing over-joyed customers sing praise on a regular basis is such a treat and truly makes each employee proud & excited to be part of the Bluewater Kitchen organization. Especially as we continue to grow and open new, exciting facets of the business.
Bluewater Kitchen began as a full-service, true farm-to-table catering and event company, serving Loudoun County and the greater Washington DC area.
After eight years of successfully providing this offering to clients and gatherings, we have expanded to opening The Market at Bluewater Kitchen in Upperville. Our artisanal market is rooted in the same philosophy as our catering counterpart; we believe that your food is important and providing the best, local ingredients and supporting artisans, affords you a better life. We provide a killer hot order food menu, fresh made prepared meals, grab & go deli items, locally curated artisan goods & farm products, & quick pick up catering for local events, craft beer and wine.
The right candidate can enjoy a flexible, non-traditional restaurant schedule providing you with a quality working experience while balancing work and personal life. We look forward to you potentially joining our team!
AIM OF POSITION:
It is the responsibility of The Market at Bluewater Kitchen Line Cook is to
VISION OF SUCCESS:
Is an organized and resourceful leader who proactively helps the culinary team manage all of responsibilities of the kitchen and cuisines business matters. Works with Chef to provide immersive dining experiences for guests – beginning with menu development, to winning clients through tastings, assistance & leading the preparation to final execution. The cuisine created is of exceptional quality and current with culinary and market trends and developed for both the on and off-premise catering environment. Is a leader people are drawn helping other line cooks and staff reach their potential while maintaining authority.
1. Assist with executing:
- Seasonal offerings, farm to table concepts and sustainable/green initiatives
- Special requests and themes: assistance with programming and expansion next door and more
- Implementation and maintenance of all standardized recipes, production standards and par levels
- Assist with synergistic development and implementation of new menu items and concepts focusing on quality ingredients and cutting-edge presentation in the environment of on-site and off-premise catering.
- Able to interact & engage with clients for tastings and on-site events
2. Develop and maintain consistent on & off-premise duties:
- Sanitation - Maintains clean and sanitary food preparation and storage areas at all times in accordance with state and local sanitation requirements and codes
3. Monitor, maintain and improve integrity of food as dictated by Catering’s reputation as an industry leader in fine yet approachable dining off premise catering
4. Maintain high sanitary standards of kitchen
5. Assist with daily production in kitchen
6. Assist with maintenance of kitchen facility and equipment
7. Lead and/or assist in the operations of actual events
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The comprehension and explanation of culinary, pastry and equipment terms and definitions used in a commercial kitchen. An ability to demonstrate and re-enforce basic and advanced culinary skills.
Carryout the primary culinary skills required of a volume shop focusing on off-premise catered events.
Must have strong communication and organizational skills to assist in managing and motivating a diverse culinary staff. Must show competency in presentation and plating techniques for multi coursed off-premise events
· Display a flexible ‘can do’, entrepreneurial approach which will contribute to the success of the business.
· Promote the business in a positive and professional manner at all times
· Be dressed in appropriate attire depending on duties performed
· To adopt a flexible approach to working hours as required by the business, as we will with you
· To undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary
· To take personal responsibility for own actions
· To be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt
· Be responsible for your personal presentation, health and physical fitness
· Maintain a high level of attendance